4.29.2011

HBO GO® for Android... my experience playing with it on my HTC Hero (CDMA)

As you have probably heard, HBO has released a new application to the Android Market called "HBO GO®". 
Web Market Link
Once I heard this, I immediately had it downloaded and installed on my HTC Hero and my Viewsonic gtablet.

I was unseccessful when attempting to login on the gtablet. I get a constant FC, but only when I attempt to login. That being said, it works pretty good on the Hero running CM7.0.2

As far as I can tell, it works well when connected to a wifi point. I was getting an error when trying to watch over 3G. Something about not being able to stream the audio and that I should connect to wifi. I did just that and was able to watch a couple of minutes of Band of Brother as well as Boardwalk Empire (two of my favorite HBO programs).




NOTE: You must be an HBO subscriber to utilize the app as it was intended. I was able to login using my Comcast (Xfinity) account without issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment